Friday, October 30, 2009

1940s Jamboree

So today, right now, in honour of my secret love of 1940s films, I thought I`d start with such a theme.

Here we go,
1940s

Boy: James `Jimmy` Stewart (swoon), known for his role in 'It's a Wonderful Life' and Alfred Hitchcock's 'Vertigo'.

Movie: A Philadelphia Story (I adore Katherine Hepburn movies.. not so much Audrey (who has no relation to Katherine except for her last name) though I did like breakfast at Tiffany`s) I also really enjoyed Katherine Hepburn's films "Holiday" and "Guess Whose Coming to Dinner"

Superhero: Captain America (O.k. i know I`m Canadian but after reading Marvel`s Civil War series, it really shone a light into the depth and level of integrity of Marvel`s greatest heroes - i.e.) It showed me that I despise Iron Man, adore Spider Man, and really really respect Captain America and his idea of Patriotism/ Captain America's character was created in the 1940s)



Did you Know:
Ok I know this has nothing to do with the '40s but Luke Skywalker (Mark Hamill) also did the voice of Fire Lord Ozai in Avatar: The Last Airbender (omg?! I know right!)


0 comments: